Only featuring the 50 signs that you’re a mum!
From that first time you go out with baby vomit stains gently cascading down your back, or spend a night desperately clinging to the edge of the bed while your little one lay spreadeagled across the centre; from those early days when who got the least amount of sleep became a competition with your partner to the first day of school when you’d do anything to do it all again… you know you’ve become a parent and you’re well and truly in the club!
So here we mums share the tell-tale signs of someone who has clearly had children.
The top 50 list reveals mums are permanently ‘wired’, rushing everywhere and always watch TV on catch-up or Sky+ – never live.
Tell us something we don’t know!!
Whilst we may desperately try to retain some of our ‘pre-children cool’, just how many of these top 50 signs can you relate to? Be honest!!
Top 50 signs that you’re a mum
1. They long for a lie in
2. Have a photo of their children as a screensaver
3. They rush everywhere
4. They know all the words to popular kids TV theme tunes
5. They are permanently knackered or ‘wired’
6. They always have a pack of wet wipes to hand
7. They can function on very little sleep
8. Can’t leave the house without asking everyone if they’ve been to the toilet
9. Always carry a massive bag or multiple bags
10. Always have tissue in their handbag
11. They know the name of characters from kids TV
12. They appreciate their own mum more
13. They go out shopping for the day and only return with stuff for the children
14. Thinks nothing of sharing stories of difficult births, miscarriages, breast feeding etc
15. They have a cupboard dedicated to medicines
16. Never go anywhere without a phone ‘just in case’
17. Super organised
18. They don’t get queasy at the thought of poo, wee or sick
19. They buy gallons of milk
20. Always watch TV through catch-up of Sky+ – never live
21. Go to bed at 9pm every night
22. They own lots of comfy shoes
23. Total inability to watch sad things about children on the telly
24. Going for comfort over style when choosing what to wear
25. The kids TV channels are always on when they have visitors
26. They’d rather get an early night than have a night out when the kids are at a sleepover
27. They go to the toilet just to get a few minutes peace
28. They know the words to ‘Let it Go’
29. They have a massive family organiser on the wall
30. Bigger pants are more comfortable
31. They get drunk quicker on one glass of wine
32. The realise other work colleague seem so young
33. They can fall asleep anywhere
34. Have a strong opinion on schooling and education
35. They cry really easily when watching TV or films
36. Social media post are suddenly all baby pictures
37. Always have a box of raisins or snacks in their handbags
38. They swear under their breath
39. Instinctively grab a someone’s hand when crossing the road – regardless of the age of their company
40. They panic about a late night
41. They are more likely to have seen the newest kids release at the cinema than the latest blockbuster
42. Nappies are always in their handbag
43. You have ‘mum’ nights out
44. They say ‘sugar’ and ‘fudge’ instead of swearing
45. They learn to sleep on the edge of the bed because their child in asleep horizontally next to them
46. Suddenly a people carrier is a good idea
47. Accidentally cut sandwiches into triangles
48. Jiggling the shopping trolley as if it was a buggy when they’re in the supermarket
49. They can spot a high temperature at ten paces
50. You know all the words to irritating pop songs.
Read more about being a parent