BBC Countryfile Live is returning for its second year, bringing the best of the British countryside together with all the Countryfile presenters, to the picturesque grounds of Blenheim Palace, from 3rd – 6th August 2017.
After the success of the inaugural Countryfile Live 2016, which saw 125,000 people flock to the 100 acre site in Oxfordshire, the second helping of the summer’s most action-packed countryside day out is eagerly anticipated.
BBC Countryfile Live
Presenter Adam Henson and pupils from Woodstock Primary School launched this year’s BBC Countryfile Live at Blenheim Palace with some new-born helpers, the ‘Countryfile Live Lambs’.
The lambs are amongst the first born at Blenheim Palace this year, and will be on show at the Passion for British Livestock area at this year’s event. Fans will be able to keep up with the ‘Countryfile Live Lambs’ via social media, @Countryfilelive, with regular access to video and photo updates, alongside online question and answer sessions with Charles the Blenheim Shepherd on the Countryfile Live Facebook page facebook.com/bbccountryfilelive.
Countryfile Live allows the whole family (including the dog!) to experience the best of the British countryside. With a host of exciting new attractions for 2017, including four days of live arena shows, hands-on activities, animal displays, debates, food, drink and shopping from over 500 independent retailers and lifestyle brands, the show brings together everything there is to cherish about the British countryside. There will be further fun for all the family with information on a huge variety of other activities available on the Countryfile Live website.
- Adam Henson’s Farm: Meet some of the friendliest and rarest animals you’ll know from the programme, and learn more about how farmers care for their livestock
- Central Ring: Watch working animals show off their skills
- Farming in Action Area: See the journey produce takes from field to fork and learn more about our fragile food chain
- National Trust Theatre: debates, talks and interviews will be led by farmers, environmentalists, commentators and outdoor enthusiasts
- The Big Barn: Pull up a hay bale and listen to stories and interviews, and watch demonstrations from your favourite TV personalities and authors, wildlife experts, environmental commentators and leaders, countryside enthusiasts, and foraging and food experts.
- The Village Green: The ultimate setting for family entertainment, complete with bandstand and traditional maypole
- The Craven Arms: Order your cool beers, cider or ginger beer. There’s plenty of room in the pub garden too – a fine spot to meet up for lunch, with a great summer food menu to choose from.
The event is sponsored by investment management firm Quilter Cheviot and is being staged in association with the National Trust.
With on-site camping available, presented in association with the Caravanning and Camping Club, Countryfile lovers can even make a weekend out of what will be one of the biggest, and most exciting, outdoor events this year. Full show information and tickets are available now from www.countryfilelive.com
The summer’s most action-packed countryside day out is back!
BBC Countryfile Live takes place from 3rd – 6th August 2017 at Blenheim Palace, Oxfordshire.
Full show information and tickets are available now from www.countryfilelive.com
Adults tickets start from £27 and are available now from www.countryfilelive.com
Group discounts are available for groups of 10 or more on standard price tickets (excludes VIP & family tickets).
To book a group, please contact: 020 7492 1637 or firstname.lastname@example.org
#countryfilelive, #cfllivelambs, #askcharles and #cfllovedogs to get involved!
Where to next:
Read more What’s On activities