A party just isn’t a party without Chocolate Chip Cup cakes, and we think the more chocolate, the better! So without further ado, just take a look at this scrumptious recipe that will be a hit with little and big guests alike!!
Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cup Cakes
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 115g (4 oz) Flora Buttery
- 115g (4 oz) caster sugar
- 2 eggs, medium
- 115g (4 oz) self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder mixed with 2 tbsp water
- 25g chocolate chips
- 55g (2 oz) Flora Buttery
- 225g icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder mixed with 2 tbsps water or milk
- Melted Chocolate balls to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, 160°C fan, Gas mark 4.
2. Weigh your eggs. Note the weight and measure the same amount of Flora, sugar and flour. Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with a wooden spoon 2 – 3 minutes until well mixed. Place dessertspoons of the mixture in 10-12 paper cases or greased bun tins.
3. Bake for around 20 minutes until soft and springy to touch. Cool on a wire tray.
4. Mix icing ingredients together and spread or pipe onto each cake. Decorate with melted chocolate balls.
Where to next
- Get more great recipes