Running from 1-14 February Kicks Count
Kicks Count¬†need¬†your help to spread the word to all pregnant women and at the same time to help raise much needed funds so that Kicks Count can continue their campaign to save babies lives.
A change in your baby’s movements can be a key warning sign that a baby is in distress ‚Äď 2 out of 3 mums who have a stillbirth say they noticed their baby‚Äôs movements slow down beforehand.
It is therefore vital¬†that all cases of reduced movement are reported to a midwife or maternity unit and we need all pregnant mums to know it!
How to get involved with Love Your Bump
MUM TO BE?¬†
- Visit the page about Your Baby‚Äôs Movements and share it far and wide!
- To help you get to know your baby‚Äôs normal movements you can purchase one of our Kick Count wristbands in pink, purple or cream
- Download our free app to help you keep track of your baby‚Äôs movements
- Become aware of what is expected of baby‚Äôs movements Week by Week
- Learn why you shouldn‚Äôt use a¬†home doppler for reassurance when you‚Äôre worried about your baby
- Take a minute to store your midwife & maternity units phone number in your mobile and learn what you should do if you do think your baby‚Äôs movements have changed, slowed down or stopped
- Dress¬†your bump in¬†red or something ‚Äėlove‚Äô themed on 14 February, send them a selfie and text BUMP03 ¬£2 to 70070 so that even more leaflets can be printed to carry on their life saving work.
Painted Bump Competition*
Join¬†their¬†Painted Bump Competition¬†and be in with a chance of winning an¬†amazing bundle of prizes!
To enter, all you need to do is send an¬†image of your bump painted/decorated in any design by Thursday 9th February.¬†
On Friday morning we will upload them all to a¬†Love Your Bump Facebook album and the competition will begin!
You‚Äôll need to encourage your friends and family to like your entry as the bump¬†with the most likes by 7pm Valentines Day will be the winner!
*Make sure you¬†use paint that is specifically designed for skin. ¬†Paint needs to be non-toxic, no¬†latex or acrylic paint. ¬†Face paint that washes off with water is ideal