The hugely popular Magical Christmas event is back again at Drayton Manor Park, near Tamworth, Staffordshire , and this year it promises to be bigger and better than ever before. Officially launched on Saturday 19th November the event will be running on selected dates throughout the festive season until 31st December.
With spectacular decorations, festive music and fairy lights, visitors will be transported into a winter wonderland, as Europe‚Äôs only Thomas Land‚ĄĘ receives an extra special Christmas makeover. Those dreaming of a white Christmas will have their wish granted, as Thomas Land will be blanketed in a flurry of snow showers up to three times a day thanks to a special machine, and there will also be a 30 foot lightshow Christmas tree set to festive music that will play throughout the day. What‚Äôs more, the Apocalypse tower drop is going to be turned into a 54 metre high Christmas tree, complete with star on top!
Following the ¬£2.5 million expansion of Thomas Land last year, there are now over 25 rides and attractions to enjoy including Captain‚Äôs Sea Adventure, Flynn‚Äôs Fire Engine and Toby‚Äôs Tram Express and also a new two-storey Sodor Airport complex complete with balconies, a caf√© and VIP Thomas and Friends‚ĄĘ themed suits that are available for private hire.
Those looking to take a break from the hustle and bustle of Thomas Land can visit the 15-acre Zoo and spot the park‚Äôs resident reindeers Comet, Buzz and Star, who will be preparing to assist Father Christmas with his present delivery on Christmas Eve!
Alternatively, climb aboard The Polar Express for a stunning 15 minute movie experience in the 4D cinema, featuring out-of-this-world simulations for an enchanting adventure for all. What‚Äôs more, visitors can ride the Ben 10: Ultimate Mission Coaster and have a go on the festive indoor Slide and Glide rink.
A visit to Drayton Manor‚Äôs Magical Christmas wouldn‚Äôt be complete without visiting the enchanted Castle of Dreams where children will be greeted by playful elves and taken to meet Father Christmas himself in his Grotto. Each child will receive a free gift and a golden ticket to return for the new season in 2017.
At the end of each day, there will be a dazzling fireworks display for the whole family to enjoy, guaranteed to get even the biggest scrooge in the festive spirit!
What‚Äôs more, as a way of saying thank you to the fantastic work they do, the park is offering free entry to both serving and non-serving members of the armed forces.
For an extra special getaway, the four-star Drayton Manor Hotel, set on the grounds of the park, has a selection of packages available over the Christmas period. For more information, please visit, www.draytonmanorhotel.co.uk
- Ticket prices for Drayton‚Äôs Magical Christmas, with a Father Christmas visit, start at just ¬£22 for adults and ¬£17 for children and 60+.
- Aged 2-3 will cost ¬£12 with under 2‚Äôs going completely free. Prices without a Father Christmas visit start from ¬£16 for adults and ¬£11 for children and 60+, with ages 2-3 costing ¬£6. These prices are available when pre booked online or through the call centre.
- To book tickets, or for more information about the park, visit www.draytonmanor.co.uk or call 0844 472 1950.
- Reduced prices are available for tickets bought in advance.
- For regular updates and news about Drayton Manor Park join it on Twitter www.twitter.com/Draytonmanor and Facebook www.facebook.com/DraytonManorPark.