Review: FireAngel CO-9X 7 Carbon Monoxide Alarm

///Review: FireAngel CO-9X 7 Carbon Monoxide Alarm
  • Fire Angels CO-9X Carbon Monoxide Alarm

Review: FireAngel CO-9X 7 Carbon Monoxide Alarm

£24.99

5.00 out of 5 based on 2 customer ratings
(2 customer reviews)

The CO-9X 7 year life carbon monoxide alarm provides an early warning of the presence of CO in your home through alarm and LED display, it’s portable so great for travelling too.

Buy product

Product Description

The CO-9X 7 year life carbon monoxide alarm provides an early warning of the presence of CO in your home through alarm and LED display. The CO-9X is portable so can be taken on holiday or installed within the home. Ideal for homeowners, social landlords and utilities, caravan, motorhome and boat owners.

This alarm is also available for trade customers with a Fast-Fit bracket option.

  • Carbon monoxide detector providing early warning of the presence of CO in your home through alarm and LED display.
  • An internal power pack will power the alarm for 7 years in normal operating conditions, so there’s no need to replace any batteries.
  • A test and reset button makes weekly testing easy.
  • It’s portable so can be taken on holiday or installed within the home.
  • Automatic self diagnostic check.
  • Triple LED display shows power, fault and alarm.
  • An anti-tamper bracket with sliding tab is available at extra cost ensuring the product remains affixed to the wall (trade bulk sales only – please contact sales team for details of availability).
  • Ideal for homeowners, social landlords and utilities, caravan and motorhome owners.
  • Kitemark certified to quality standard BS EN 50291-1: 2010.

For more information, please visit: www.fireangel.co.uk

2 reviews for Review: FireAngel CO-9X 7 Carbon Monoxide Alarm

  1. 5 out of 5

    The FireAngel CO-9X 7 Carbon Monoxide Alarm comes nicely packaged with brilliant instructions and is really easy to set up. It is fairly small, about the size of a central heating thermostat so can be installed pretty much anywhere such as the home, office or caravan. The reason I was so keen to test this is that we have a young child and go on a fair few self catering holidays to caravan parks & apartments and it concerns me about the safety of the appliances.
    The FireAngel couldn’t be easier to set up, it comes with an integral power pack that lasts 7 years (you can’t replace the batteries), you just pull a pin out of the rear and it’s ready to go. There are 3 lights on the front a power light, a fault or low battery light which flashes if the battery is getting low, and a warning light which flashes if there are dangerous levels of carbon monoxide. It works best placed in the room with the appliance around 1-3 metres away, we tried it in the lounge with our open fire to check the chimney wasn’t blocked. Happily it emitted green flashing signals to say that the carbon monoxide was at a safe level.
    The alarm is completely portable, although it comes with a fixing bracket should you wish to leave in one place, and is as easy to move as to install. The pin just gets replaced back into the rear and its ready to go. The pin needs to be in on an airplane to fit with the rules of flying, but on arrival at your location you just remove the pin and it starts checking the levels of carbon monoxide straight away. I’m assured that it has a very loud alarm to warn you of danger but we were lucky enough not to set it off.
    This is a must for anyone concerned about safety in their home or whilst travelling. A brilliant piece of kit that is lightweight and easy to use I will definitely be putting it in my suitcase from now on.

  2. 5 out of 5

    Great product.
    It can be wall mounted very easily, with a simple tap of a nail, but i have it siting on a shelf. Its a great size and doesn’t stand out on the shelf and easy to pop into a suitcase to take on holiday.
    It was very easy to set up, the instructions are easy to understand and straight forward. It also provides you with important information about carbon monoxide poisoning. To set the alarm up, you just take the tag out and off you go. It has a 7 year battery, which can’t be replaced, but 7 years is a long time and would probably want to replace it after that time any way.
    I always take a travel fire alarm away when we go, but have never thought about taking a carbon monoxide detector, so I’m glad i got to test this. It will definitly be in by luggage each holiday.

Add a review