There’s nothing that screams ‘party time!’ more than good old jelly, but we think you’re going to love this jelly recipe with a fun twist
Recipe: Jelly Boats
- 4 large oranges, halved
- 2 x 135g packets of jelly
- 4 sheets of rice paper
- 16 cocktail sticks
- With a sharp knife, remove the flesh of the oranges and carefully scrape out the membrane – take care not to pierce the skin.
- Make up the jelly according to the packet instructions, but using about 80 per cent of the recommended amount of water so that the jelly is a little more concentrated.
- Put the orange skins in muffin or bun trays to keep them steady, then fill them with jelly, right to the top. Refrigerate until set.
- Trim the orange skins so that they’re level with the jelly, then cut in half again with a sharp knife.
- To make the sails, cut out triangles from the rice paper and secure with cocktail sticks.
Makes 16 boats
For more recipe inspiration download Annabel’s Essential Guide to Feeding Your Baby & Toddler app. Access more than 200 delicious recipes, as well as a host of features to keep your family on track and enjoying meal times.