Just because it’s Halloween, it doesn’t mean your child has to eat a diet based solely on sweets and treats! This recipe for Spider Meatballs looks suitably scary and fun, but it’s also is packed full of delicious fresh goodness!
Recipe: Spider Meatballs
- Serves 4 people
2 slices of toast
150g of red, yellow or orange bell peppers
400 g minced beef
2 tablespoons chopped chives
1 small egg
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 bell pepper for garnish (color according to taste)
- Soak the toast in cold water. Wash the peppers, cut in half, remove the seeds and cut the pepper into small pieces.
- Put the beef in a mixing bowl. Add the chives, egg and the small pieces of pepper. Remove the toast from the water and squeeze it well and add this to the beef mixture.
- Combine the mixture together with salt and pepper and knead with your hands until smooth.
- Make four large meatballs (it may help to have damp hands to do this!).
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan.
- Fry the meatballs over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, lift out and keep warm.
For the garnish:
- Wash the pepper, cut in half, remove the seeds and cut the pepper into thin pieces.
- Push four pepper strips into both sides of each meatball to create spider legs.
To find out more and to discover more delicious recipes, please visit www.colourfultaste.com