Butternut, leek and goats cheese are a classic combination and with this delicious recipe from Organix, we think your little one will love it. The recipe below makes lots of portions, ideal for freezing in batches.
Recipe: Steamed leek, butternut squash and goats cheese puree
- Suitable for freezing
- 20-30 minutes to prep and cook
- Suitable from 6 – 9 months
- Stage 1: Early Weaning (4-6m+), Stage 2: Moving on (7m+)
- ½ a butternut squash
50g soft goats cheese
- Peel and dice the butternut squash into 1cm cubes. Top and tail the leek and chop very finely.
- Steam the squash for approx. 10 minutes until just softening, then add the leek for another 5 minutes.
- Mash the squash and leek together with the goats cheese, or blend together until smooth. This can be as textured or as smooth as you prefer.
Serve textured or smooth. This also makes a delicious mash for the rest of the family or you can even add some stock for a simple soup.
Weaning is an exciting time for everyone so for lots more weaning advice, weaning recipes, and to download your free copy of the Organix Little Book of Weaning please visit www.organix.com/littlebookofweaning