You can’t beat a yummy crumble and with this delcious recipe from Dr Rana Conway, Vital Baby’s in-house Weaning Expert, the sweetness of the pears means that it doesn’t need any extra sugar. It tastes fabulous on its own but lovely mixed with natural yogurt too, a real treat for your little one. The recipe makes 7 portions, so your baby can have some today and you can freeze the rest for another time. Perfect for busy mama’s and papa’s!
Weaning Recipe: Pear and Almond Crumble
- 4 pears
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon 50g oats
- 25g plain flour
- 3 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 50g ground almonds
Preparation time: 15 minutes plus 25-30 minutes baking.
- Pre-heat the oven to 190oC/375oF/gas mark 5.
- Mix the oats, flour, oil and ground almonds in bowl.
- Cut the pears into quarters, peel and dice into 1-2cm pieces.
- Place the pear in an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with the cinnamon and stir.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until slightly browned on top.
- The crumble can be eaten as it is with but ifyour baby prefers smoother food, you can mash or puree it.
There are lots more delicious recipes for your little weaner, right here.