Juicy pink apples combined with the sharp sweetness of raspberries, and mixed with wholegrain oats to make a smooth, thick puree, perfect as a snack or for breakfast. We love this weaning recipe from Piccolo’s in house nutritional therapist Alice Fotheringham. Make a big batch and mix up the berries and store in the fridge for all the family. For adults top with toasted seeds or ground nuts.
- Stage 1 / 6 months +
- Suitable for vegetarians
- Dairy Free
- Makes 2 baby portions
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped into chunks
- 5 raspberries
- 2 teaspoons of fine pin head oats, or rolled oats
- Place the peeled, chopped apple in a steamer and steam for five minutes until soft. Reserve the water from the steamer
- Puree the apple, raspberry and oats together.
- If too thick a consistency add a little of the apple water or a little breast or formula milk.