Baby TV Limited, trading as NowBaby, takes your privacy seriously. In general, we use the personal information that we collect from you to identify personal preferences and match your needs with relevant products, and process any orders that you may make through our website.
Note: This policy only applies to websites hosted at and comprising part of the NowBaby service and not to the companies, individuals, organisations or other websites to which there are links.
When you register for any of the NowBaby websites your registration allows you access to all the NowBaby websites; www.NowBaby.co.uk, www.NowBabyLive.co.uk and Hospitals.NowBaby.co.uk. Extra information is expected for the hospitals.NowBaby.co.uk site as this is asking organisation information.
The data we collect
The Personal data fields for the web site registration are User Name, First Name, Last Name, Address 1, Address 2, Address 3, Town, County, Postcode, Country, Email Address, Phone, Start Date, Registration Source, consent to our email marketing and consent to sponsors receiving your contact information. The Sensitive data of Current Hospital and Due Date are collected temporarily to allow anonymised statistical analysis, these are deleted once collated.
Applying for a course/class in NowBabyLive will request Sensitive Attendee information from you, this is not kept on the web site. These questions are purely for the ‘Midwife’ or ‘tutor’ and are kept in a secure database. You will receive an email that contains the data we retain. This information is deleted after 12 months or at your request.
Your use of this website signifies your consent to us collecting and using personal information about you as specified below in accordance with this Policy. Should we choose to change our Policy for any reason, the changes will be posted here, so that you are always kept informed of how we collect and use your personal information, and when we may disclose it.
If you are a NowBaby member this policy will be applied subject to any particular limitations or choices you made as part of the membership application procedure.
Your consent is requested when you register with the website to ask whether we can send you marketing information by email, and whether we can pass on contact information to Sponsors to advertise with us. This can be changed at any time. This acceptance of you consents have been cleared as at 25th May 2018 and requires you to re accept the consent on logging in.
The administrative emails that are sent to you for Registering, Password control or Competitions are part of registering and do not require further consent. NowBabyLive classes have a further consent request for administrative purposes when you apply for a course/class.
How do we collect information about you and how is it used?
- You may provide personal information when communicating with us.
- If you enter a competition or promotion we will ask for your name, address and email address.
- We will collect information about your tastes and preferences both when you tell us what these are and by analysis of customer traffic, including by using cookies (see below).
- It may be that some of the personal information you give us (for instance about your lifestyle or health) is sensitive personal data within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679. Any such information (“sensitive information”) will only be dealt with as described below.
- We may use personal information collected about you to personalise your visits to our website and recommend goods or services to you. We also use the information to help us develop the design and layout of our website to ensure that our sites are as useful and enjoyable as possible.
- We may use personal information collected about you to let you know about functionality changes to our website or changes to our terms and conditions of use.
- Sometimes we or our affiliated companies* might use the personal information collected about you to let you know about, new goods, services or offers that you might find interesting. However, this will only be with your consent given at the time of registration. You may change your ‘consent’ details by editing your registration details.
- If your ‘consent’ is given , with the exception of sensitive information and confidential financial information, your personal information may also be sold, traded or licensed to third parties (including third parties who may be located outside the European Economic Area) in order to enable them to send you details that they think will interest you. However, this will only be with your consent given at the time of registration. You may change your ‘consent’ details by editing your registration details.
- Newsletter and marketing emails are managed by a secure email list management system, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the bottom of the received email.
- We may give your personal data to financial third parties when debts are not settled.
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. This includes a description of the data being processed, the purposes of processing and to whom the data is disclosed.
We will anonymise your personal data should you request it; that is remove any connection to any information that relates directly to you.
To exercise this right, you must make a subject access request in writing, stating the information you require. We will contact you to verify your identity or clarify the precise information you require before processing your request and will answer your request within 30 calendar days.
You can change your consent at any time by ‘unsubscribing’ an email, changing the consent checkboxes on your NowBaby profile.
Transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area.
The Web and cloud servers we use are based in the European Economic Area. This Policy will change when the status of Great Britain changes. BabyTv and NowBaby will conform to the current legislation that will exist when the relevant Acts are converted to British Law.
We may provide aggregate statistics about our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could personally identify you.
Baby TV Limited/NowBaby reserves the right to access and disclose individually identifiable information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly or to protect itself or its users.
How do we protect your information?
Baby TV Limited/NowBaby has strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information in order to prevent unauthorised access and to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. This means that sometimes we may ask you for proof of identity before disclosing any personal information to you.
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser. On revisiting this site our computer server will recognise the cookie, giving us information about your last visit. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may have difficulty accessing some areas of the website.
Customer feedback and complaints
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy issues. Should you have any questions or complaints about the use of data by NowBaby please send an email to editor firstname.lastname@example.org . (All disputes will be subject to English law.)
This Policy has been amended on the 24th May 2018