Benefits of NowBaby
Embark on a transformative learning journey from home with expert-led courses. We’re the leading provider of interactive childbirth and newborn education, partnering with 140 NHS maternity clinics. Guiding you from pre-pregnancy to toddler years, our dedicated experts empower and inform at every step. Elevate your parenting experience with us, where knowledge meets convenience for an exceptional journey.
Embark on a journey of informed choices with our antenatal classes. From home births to hospital units, our midwives guide you through options while ensuring preparedness for any scenario during labour and birth.
Immerse yourself in interactive, practical, and candid classes designed to support you and delve into details. Drawing on the latest evidence-based research and maternity care experience, our midwives cover all facets of labour, birth, and the crucial early days of parenthood. Practical tips and newborn care advice abound.
Our support extends beyond classes—our birth and baby enthusiasts, the self-proclaimed geeks, eagerly address your questions and concerns post-course and during your initial months with your baby.
Experience our comprehensive antenatal courses encompassing pregnancy, labour, birth, and beyond. The interactive nature tailors each course to the unique interests of the group, ensuring a personalised and enriching learning experience.
During all our 8-module antenatal courses (whether spread out over a few weeks or condensed into 1 intensive day!) we guide you through:
- Journey to Motherhood – focusing upon antenatal care and choices and preparing for your pregnancy, labour and birth.
- Mind and Body Preparation – exploring what labour and birth is from a physiological and emotional perspective.
- Labour and Birth Process – from understanding the early signs of labour, through the different stages and the birth of your baby.
- Birth Management – explores an alternative pathway to birth because we know that birth comes in different forms. Induction of labour, pain relief, assisted birth and birth by caesarean are all discussed in detail.
- Your New Baby – is all about baby, aiming to help clear up some of the myths and facts and support you in feeling confident in making the right choices for a great life with a new baby.
- New Mum – your new role as parents, the postnatal recovery, what to expect and all of the changes that occur.
- Breastfeeding – an evidence-based class that aims to help you feel confident about feeding your baby. We know how keen parents are to understand and discuss breastfeeding and there is no time better than the antenatal period to get started.
- Baby First Aid – is about more than what to do in an emergency. We explore life with a new baby, where to get help, common childhood illnesses and safe sleeping.
Formats to suit all schedules
Courses can be booked over 1 day, a weekend, 2 weeks or 4 week options. Whether you prefer a calm and steady approach, weekend immersion, intensive insight or just a rapid refresher…. we have the format to fit in with your busy schedule. All class run each month.
Who to bring
The benefit of an online course is that you and your birth partner/supporters can all attend with you or using their own devices if they are at work/away. We often have cats, dogs and other pets joining in too!
Who’ll be there
We limit our class numbers to ensure that everyone is able to ask questions and really get to know each other. Whilst we encourage turning your cameras on, we know there will be days when you just don’t fancy it – and that’s fine too! We usually have a mixture of both in our classes.
Continuing the journey with NowBaby On Demand
NowBaby doesn’t just leave you after your birth. We have a comprehensive range of postnatal classes and experts here to help. Our topics cover the essential baby first aid course, as well as classes on sleeping, breast-feeding, weaning and how to look after yourself as a new parent! all our postnatal classes are pre recorded and available to download to watch a a time to suit you. You can rewatch, revisit and revise any time over a 12 month period!
Need Expert 1-2-1 support? We’re here to help…
Our experts, including midwives, health visitors, feeding specialists and paediatricians are available for one to one consultations should you have any burning questions to answer or would just prefer some personal advice. Just fill out the enquiry form here