Meet The Team – Midwife Marley
Marley Hall – Midwife, Speaker, Author, Educator & Social Media Content Creator.
Marley is a registered midwife mother of 5 from London UK and the author of ‘Midwife Marley’s Guide For Everyone – Pregnancy, Birth & The Fourth Trimester’.
Prior to becoming a midwife 13 years ago, she completed a degree in digital broadcast media. She has used her knowledge of the media to create a large online presence to enable her to teach expectant and new parents about pregnancy, birth and beyond. Marley is a popular pregnancy & parenting content creator on Instagram, creating informative, meaningful and highly engaging posts. She is also a founding member of NowBaby Live, providing high quality antenatal education to expectant women and couples worldwide.
- BA (Hons) Digital Broadcast Media – Thames Valley University
- DIPHE Midwifery – Thames Valley University
- KG Hypnobirthing Diploma – The Hypnobirthing Centre
- Aromatherapy for Childbirth Course – Aromatherapy for childbirth.org
- Biomechanics for Birth – Optimal birth
- Mentorship in Health care – Bucks New University
Appearances & Features
Marley regularly contributes to the press and media publications, appearing in the likes of Grazia, Mother & Baby magazine, Marie Claire, Huffpost, BBC, Channel 4 and more. Marley has been a speaker at the London Baby Show for the past two years and have been a guest on numerous podcasts and TV shows.
Selection of interviews / expert advice on various publications:
- The Sun: I’m a midwife – the things all expectant mums should do before giving birth but hardly anyone does it
- Grazia: Midwife Marley: The Importance Of Caring For Maternal Mental Health | Grazia
- The Sun: This week is the most popular in the year to find out you’re pregnant, here’s where to bag the best baby bargains
- Metro: What you should know about psychological birth trauma | Metro News
- Stylist: What not to say to someone trying to conceive
- Goodto: Can you drink coffee while pregnant?
- Metro: Can hypnobirthing really help lessen pain and stress during labour? | Metro News
- Metro: Diet dos and don’ts for breastfeeding – here’s what your body needs | Metro News
- Huffington Post: I’m A Black Midwife, And I’m Tired Of Women Like Me Receiving Worse Healthcare | HuffPost UK News
- Mother & Baby: Midwife Marley: “Whatever choice you make around your birth, it’s yours” | Mum | Mother & Baby
- Marie Claire: How to prepare for a baby when you have a mental health condition
- The Express: Midwife advocates specialised ‘perineal massage’ in the lead up to the birth | Express.co.uk
The Black maternity scandal – Dispatches channel 4
Morning Live – BBC
Jessie Wares Is It Normal Podcast
Louise Pentlands Mothers Meeting Podcast
BBC Global News
BBC Radio London