Module 4 Birth Management
Our birth management class continues the exploration of labour and birth – this time from an alternative perspective to our Labour and Birth Process class. During the live, interactive and online class we explore alternative pathways to birth because we know that labour and birth can be unpredictable, and that birth comes in many forms.
Our ethos for our expert-led online antenatal course is to help you feel prepared for birth (however that may be) and able to plan ahead that meets your needs.
We revisit in this class essential knowledge on how to advocate for yourself and decision making in your pregnancy – using practical skills such as BRAIN & HEART tools so that you can make informed choices.
In our Birth Management class we learn about:
- How to advocate and make informed decisions
- The induction and augmentation of childbirth
- Pain management / Pain relief – from TENS machines to Epidurals
- What is birth variation and why it may happen
- Addressing the myths and facts about assisted and alternative births
- Assisted birth
- Birth by caesarean operation
Taught by NHS midwives
Our midwives have extensive experience working in the NHS and private sector to provide you with bespoke one-to-one care and support.